|Don't Have a Cow|
|Air date||October 17, 2003|
|Written by||Michael Carrington|
|Directed by||Richard Correll|
|Previous Episode||Out of Control|
|Next Episode||Run, Raven, Run|
Alana is hosting her annual Halloween party and invited everyone but Raven and Chelsea. After finding Viv's spell book, the two cast a wishing spell to be invited and win the costume contest. While the spell works, they find to their horror that they are also turning into cows due to Chelsea accidentally dropping an anti-beef pin into the spell's concoction. They go to the party to stop the spell before they end up mooing on four legs with four stomachs. Meanwhile, Cory thinks he's to old to go trick or treating with Victor.
- Raven-Symone as Raven Baxter
- Orlando Brown as Eddie Thomas
- Kyle Massey as Cory Baxter
- Anneliese van der Pol as Chelsea Daniels
- T'Keyah Crystal Keymáh as Tanya Baxter
- Rondell Sheridan as Victor Baxter
- Adrienne Bailon as Alana
- Andrea Edwards as Loca
- Ashley Drane as Muffy
- Frankie Ryan Manriquez as William
- When Chelsea pulls the book out of the trunk, she looks at the spine and says it's called "A Book of Potions, Spells, and Incantations". But if you look carefully, there is nothing on the spine.
- A running gag was that Raven and Chelsea would low whenever they said a word that rhymed with "moo", but Raven said "no" and Chelsea said "good" in their lowing voices, despite neither word rhyming with "moo".
- Every time the girls have their towel wraps on, you can clearly see their ear lobes. Also, Chelsea's ears can always be seen behind her cow ears.
- After Chelsea drinks from the punch bowl with her face, she gets soaked. In the following shot, her face and hair are dry.
- When Cory is talking to his dad about not trick or treating with him, his barbel keeps appearing and disappearing between shots.
- Eddie is seen standing next to Raven and Chelsea before the costume contest results, but afterwards is nowhere to be seen (likely to give the cows on set more room).
- There are a number of plot holes that can be seen in the episode:
- Since the whole episode was a vision, it's unknown how much of Cory's sideplot was legitimate (though the ending scene implies it all happened).
- As the wishing spell had no stated limit, Raven and Chelsea could have wished to stop the transformation.
- When Raven and Chelsea are fully transformed into cows, they are leashed and their clothes vanish. Though both were likely done for the animals used on set, it doesn't make sense for the story.
- The students didn't seem to notice how drastically different Raven and Chelsea looked before and after the costume contest.
- Raven's visions are usually quick and she sees a few seconds of it, but in this case she saw the entire day from the moment Chelsea ate the burger to the part where they win the costume contest as cows.
- When Alana calls Raven and invites her to the party, she and Muffy are sitting on the storage bench in the Baxters' living room.
- It's rumored that this episode was the reason Season 2's opening was replaced, as viewers found the shot where Raven's cow ears are twitching back and forth to be too creepy.
- Raven and Chelsea turn into Holstein cows, which have white and black fur, without horns. But the cow on Chelsea's pin that caused their transformation had brown fur and horns.
- Since Raven and Chelsea had yet to birth to a calf and lacked fully-developed udders, they technically became heifers, not cows.
- At the end of the vision, real Holstein cattle were used to portray the fully transformed Raven and Chelsea. A number of techniques were used for the animals on set.
- An additional white flooring was added in the area the cows were standing in to soften the ground for their hooves and prevent their dung from falling onto the set.
- The cows were kept in place with leashes on their snouts.
- While the cows did not wear Raven and Chelsea's clothing, each one had a wig that resembles their respective hairstyles.
- Their lower lips were computer generated to make it look like they can talk.
- Since the majority of the main plot was in a vision that Raven prevents from happening, there hardly is a plot for the real Raven and Chelsea. It is left unknown what they did after Raven stopped the vision or what would have happened to the cow versions of them in the vision.
- Raven and Chelsea moo a total of 12 times in the episode.
- Popular Youtuber "Too Much Mouth" released a makeup tutorial video in which she recreates Raven's cow face with makeup. She also homages several moments in the episode in the intro of the video.
- Chelsea (while reading her poem): Cow, cow, where art thou? You're in my stomach now. Cow, cow, tell me how, I accidentally made you chow?
- Cory (when he wants to go trick-or-treating by himself): Dad, I think it's time we had the talk.
- Victor: Tanya!!
- Cory: Not that talk!
- Chelsea (about her burger): Oh my God, it's meat! I just ate meat!
- Raven: Ew, ew, ewwwwwww. I almost ate something healthy!
- Cory (to William): This has been the worst Halloween ever! Your costume set off every car alarm and home security system in the neighborhood!
- William: I wanted to rewire, but no, you couldn't wait to get your precious candy.
- Raven (to Chelsea): We wished we were cows? Why couldn't you have been wearing a Halle Berry button?